Thursday, August 18, 2011

An Eye For The Lens

"My photos are often described as vintage, dreamy, ethereal, uplifting, calming, peaceful, meditative, eclectic, and whimsical.   Some say I offer a distinct minimalistic style."
                              

I would like to introduce you to a wonderful photographer and Etsy shop owner whom I've known for a only a short time, but have been captivated by her alluring photographic images.  Here I want to share some of the photographs she lists in her shop and a little about the person behind....


                             PURDY PRINTS                         
                     
Laura was very gracious in accepting my invitation for an interview.  We hope you enjoy.


*************************
Who is the person behind the lens at Laura Ruth Photography? Share with us a little about yourself.

"I'm a 30yr old entrepreneur living in central Pennsylvania with my husband Matt
 and two dogs."

*************************

When did you first become interested in photography?





"I've always admired the visual arts, but I was most inspired by others pros and amateurs alike on flickr.com."








*************************



Who or what has been your biggest influence?

"I'm influenced by many of my fellow photographers, who have become wonderful contacts and friends. They inspire me daily."




*************************







From where do you gain
your inspiration?
"Everything from nature to fashion. Color to washed out tones."

*************************

Your photographs have such a wonderful allure, what is it about your photos that set you apart from others?


"My photos are often described as vintage, dreamy, ethereal, uplifting, calming, peaceful, meditative, eclectic and whimsical. Some say, I offer a distinct minimalistic style."

*************************




 Do you have a particular favorite?
 
"That's like choosing a favorite song or color; it's impossible for me :)."



 



*************************
Where can one go to find and learn more about Laura Ruth Photography?

*************************
How bout a little fun....

Name one word that best describes you?


"Extremist"

*************************

Have you ever prank called someone?

"Back in the fourth and fifth grade I prank called everyone from my neighbors to my teachers.   I still prank call my friends from time to time, however, technology tends to be unfavorable these days with caller i.d. nobody answers blocked calls! haha :)"

*************************

What was the last thing you can remember that made you think...hmmmm?

"I recently read about Ray Kurzweil and his theories on nanotechnology and singularity."

I hope not this kind of nanotechnology?

*************************
What was your most frightening experience if any?

"While hiking one year, I walked directly into a herd of deer protective of their fawn,  rather than run, they approached me and I didn't know what to do.  It was terrifying.  They dwarfed me in size. I thought, great, I'll be the first girl to ever have been killed by a herd of deer.  So my friend started stomping his feet.  I think this was an attempt to scare them off.  Instead the herd continued to approach...   frustrated and scared....I ran.   I ran directly into a dead end on this hiking path. I turned around and there was the herd...they had followed us.   We ended up slowly easing by, but the fear I experienced was intense."


and lastly....


If you chose to set a world record for Guiness, what would it be? 

"Hmm, maybe have the world's best selling photo for a cause? Something that tied in success with philanthropy would be awesome."


Perhaps this would be more suited?

*************************

We hope you've enjoyed the read and do hope you'll stop by any of Laura's sites to see more of her fantastic photography.




No comments: